Welcome to Somerset High School.
The mission of Somerset High School is “to prepare all students to be college, career, and community ready.” In order to achieve this mission, our caring and dedicated staff works hard to ensure that all students have at least one staff member they trust and can go to at any moment. We work hard to create partnerships with our parents, community members, and local businesses. We realize that educating our future takes a strong partnership between these individuals and groups.
Additionally, we work hard to ensure that our students and staff exhibit the following character traits:
- Accountability – Do what you say that you are going to do both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Responsibility – Goes hand-in-hand with growing up and being accountable. We must know that we can count on you at all times.
- Unselfishness – Work hard to help and support everyone in achieving their best.
- Respectful – Honor individuals for who they are as a person not on their abilities.
- Caring – Care about all individuals.
- Hard Working – I know no great person who did not have a strong work ethic. If we are going to go anywhere as a school, or you in your life, you must develop a strong work ethic.
- Enthusiastic – School is what you make of it. As students, teachers, support staff, and administration, enthusiasm is contagious. People who are enthusiastic rarely fail in life… attitude is everything.
- Persistence – Never give up. Bad breaks will happen in life. How you react to adversity shows what type of person you are. You can learn a lot about a person, and their character, from how they react to adversity.
- Honesty – If you are not honest with yourself, you parents, your classmates, your teachers, your administrators, and your peers, we cannot trust each other and we are doomed for failure.
- Pride – Take pride in your accomplishments. Your hard work will pay off and is something that you should be proud of. Take pride in your school. The accomplishments we make as a school, teaching staff, and student body will help set you apart from students who graduate from other schools. The ultimate compliment will be when we have others recruiting our students for their academics and complementing our character.
Lastly, our ethos is “every student is a success: school first; refuse to accept defeat; never quit; and always help your fellow classmates.”